Treatments Offerered at LA Acupuncture....
Click this text to start editing. This block is a basic combination of a title and a paragraph. Use it to welcome visitors to your website, or explain a product or service without using an image. Try keeping the paragraph short and breaking off the text-only areas of your page to keep your website interesting to visitors.
Before your first acupuncture session there are several things you should bear in mind:
- many commonly used acupuncture points are located on the lower arms and legs, so it is helpful to wear clothing that allows easy access to these areas
- try not to go for treatment on an empty stomach or straight after a heavy meal
- do let your practitioner know if you are completely new to acupuncture so they can take extra time to explain what happens and ensure you are comfortable with the process.
As well as needling acupuncture points, a traditional acupuncturist may use other Chinese medicine techniques such as:
- moxibustion: heat is applied to an acupuncture point or meridian using moxa (a therapeutic herb) and/or heat lamps to warm and relax muscles and qi.
- cupping: glass/plastic cups with a vacuum seal are placed on the skin to stimulate blood flow and clear stagnant qi (energy). Cupping can also be used as a stand alone treatment for muscular problems - see prices page for details.
Your initial prescription will be 6 treatments at a frequency of one treatment per week. A progress review will be done at week 6.
- optimise ovarian function, egg and sperm vitality
- regulate menstruation
- increase the blood flow to the reproductive organs
- regulate fertility hormonal imbalances
- reduce stress levels
- regulate immune factors
- promote weight loss
- help prepare the body for ART
- alleviate some of the side effects caused by some of the ART drugs
- Calm the uterus ready for implantation
- improve sleep quality
- help to support the pregnancy
- Essentially chinese medicine is aiming to prepare your body for a potential pregnancy. To allow enough time for the body to respond, fertility acupuncture should ideally start 3 months prior to any ART (IVF, ICSI, IUI, FET) at a recommended rate of one treatment per week.
- Same day Pre and Post Embryo Transfer appointments are also offered at the clinic or home visit (where possible) within a 5 mile radius of Redmayne Lodge.
Facial Acupuncture is an increasingly popular alternative to aesthetic procedures such as Botox and fillers. The treatment is a natural, drug free way of turning back the clock. It involves placing tiny acupuncture needles into certain areas of the face to create a lifting effect while working on fine lines and wrinkles.
It aims to improve the overall appearance of the face/skin by aiming to:
- improve muscle tone
- improve collagen production
- increase blood flow to the face
- oxygenate the skin
- diminish deep set wrinkles and frown lines
- eliminate fine lines
- increases lymph circulation
- reduces dark circles and puffiness from below the eyes
- lift drooping eyelids
- brighten the eyes
- lift sagging jawline "jowls"
- improve hormonal balance to reduce acne and scars
- tightens pores
- Facials can be enjoyed as a one off or:
- For optimal results, a course of 6 - 10 weekly / fortnightly treatments are recommended as the results are progressive. Clients are advised to continue with maintenance treatments every 6-8 weeks thereafter.
- Packages are available (Full amount must be paid in advance).
What our customers are saying
What our customers are saying
I have just had my first acupuncture treatment with Louise and it was amazing for my anxiety. Seconds after the first needle i felt a wave of calm and i didn't want the treatment to end. Thank you Louise.
Melissa B - posted with consent.
I had just had a failed IVF treatment and was feeling pretty down about the whole thing. A friend of mine (who was having acupuncture at the time) recommended Louise to me and i can honestly say that from the first treatment my mood started to lift. Louise is a great listener and was so patient with me and my emotions! I always look forward to my appointments.
Anon. - posted with consent.
Anon - Posted with consent.